Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Inspired to bake by Oditi... Thank you, my dear, Lemon cake especially for you :)

Inspirations.... lead us on to creating something wonderful...... I have 3 serious Thank you's due... 1 for the girl who made me want to bake and the other for the lady who made it possible for me to bake, another lady who let's me mess up her kitchen n gets most of my supplies.....

The first one is Oditi, She made an amazing carrot cake for Babaji[my spiritual guru] all at 12 years of age n I was zapped.... here we are... almost middle aged as per our younger generation's standards and this kidoo is making such fantastic cakes.....
I went home n wanted to try a triple colored marble cake for Babaji.... Turned out to be such absolute trash that it got what it deserved the bin..... [That was 2 years ago... and now there's no looking back for me....]
Then a chance interaction with Deeba... she is the lady who made it possible for me to bake..... A big thank you... [Our story is here]
The next Thank you is for... yes, you got it, My Mom..... She let's me mess up her kitchen n gets most of my supplies.....

The lemon cake which I've made for many friends by now [Shuchi, Dipali, Archit, Sharad, Oditi, Daksayani, Vibha, Sujith n Shikha] was an inspiration from the image below on a calender at my colleague Gauri's desk in office... Saw this calender n fell in love with these vibrant colours..... Just had to make some lemony stuff.... Off I went to Deeba's n found a lemon cake.....

Thanks Oditi :)

No comments: