Sunday, March 7, 2010

Gunjan n Anuraag's Birthday Cookies n Chocolate Cake ~ Eating Your Words 2010

Happy Birthday Gunjan and Anuraag.....
They are both born on 1st of March... Different years ofcourse..... ;-)
Both of them work in the tech team of 99acres.com at Infoedge with me.....


We had a small cake cutting party in the lunch room.... [much after everyone left.... they just didn't want to share this cake....] so what did they do??????????????? They had got another cake from Nirula's which was used for smearing on their faces..... :-)
That's Sahil... Gunjan's hubby, who joined in for the celebrations... and got smeared along with them. He's very sweet and came all the way last year aswell ..... isn't that adorable... :-)

Bhaskar is our perpetual camera man... finally captured in front of the camera.... and Puneet also our photographer got smeared......

Bahut dino ke baad haath aaye ho.... holi bhi nahin kheli thi.... to lo phir.... cookie khao..... ;-)

My sister in the US came visiting and got me a load of goodies.... icing colours came calling when Gunjan asked me to make her cake COLOURFUL......... where i really got stuck was.... this was a common cake for a guy and girl.... what should I do?

After a lot of craziness in my head... decided that balloons are for celebrations irrespective of the gender...... took out my cookie cutter and baked away.....

The cake was a Chocolate Black out Cake, soaked with lots of rum and fabulously Chocolatey Ganache on top.....

This Post is off to Eating Your Words... 'Write, spell or draw’ using food or drink. A fun challenge hosted by Savor The Thyme and Tangled Noodle. Their Round up [Eating Your Words Roundup, Part I || Eating Your Words Roundup, Part II] for the last event was really fun....

So here's my entry for it... Cookies which spell the names of the Birthday gal and guy..... ANURAAG & GUNJAN....

Happy Birthday to both of you... :-)

Update: Eating Your Words... 'Write, spell or draw’ using food or drink, round up has been published by Savor The Thyme at Eating your Words 2010 Round Up and Tangled Noodle at Eating your Words 2010 Round Up

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Nachiketa! You are awesome!

Tangled Noodle said...

Apologies for this late comment but thank you so much for this wonderful entry to Eating Your Words Challenge! What a great treat for your friends - so colorful, whimsical and certainly delicious. 8-)

We are so happy for your participation!

d-amit said...

Looks like I missed out on a Nachi special - the pics look mouth-watering .. Darn of all the days in the year, I had to get married on the 2nd of march :D!

Happy belated B'day to Anuraag and Gunjan.. Hope you had rocking b'days!

Nachi, do remmber my b'day's not too far off - I want my "AMIT" cookies then :) !

Unknown said...

Cake was Mind Blowing...and so was the presentation (needless to say)...
As usual - another feather in your hat Nachi...soo many feathers already - ur hat would not be looking somewhat like a Nest!
Totally drooled over the lovely cake and enjoyed clicking those memorable photos :)

Unknown said...

Nachi,
It was one of the most memorable cakes ever on my birthday. The only comparable one has been way back in 4th standard when my mom baked a cake in the shape of a house, and decorated it with candies and gems.

Thank you for making me feel so special, and it sure feels like a blessing that Gunjan took birth on the same day as me!

Gunjan Kathuria said...

You are the best, no one can be better.
I have never seen a cake more beautiful more than this.Thank you soo much for all the effort u had put in this cake..esp for all the love u had put in it !!

@amit --yes, u missed it ...
let me conclude by saying - this was such an innovative present .. N I LOVE U..... I'm sure so does SAHIL !!! :)

Meenu Kathuria said...

Cake was realy yummy.. Please gift me the same on ma bday!!thank u in advance :)

Vikash Bucha said...

awesome. beautiful cake.
next time whenever you'd make a cake with my name, that's going to appear even better. wanna bet ?
:D

too good!

Unknown said...

yumm yumm yummmy!!!! like all of the cake pics posted ever since!!

though have never had a morsel of your sinful cake treats, I completely believe Comments of the Blessed ones.
perfectly shaped cookies was another visual treat!!!
Hope to see them and HAVE em in real some time!!!

Unknown said...

Lovely Nachi!

I envy Gunjan & Anurag. Belated Birthday wishes to both of them. Am sure they loved the cake, the surprise and the love & sentiments that went into it.

We're all rooting for you to win this challenge :-). All the best.

Gunjan Kathuria said...

@anuraag : I too feel gud about sharing my b'day with you!
hope we cut more cakes together!

Unknown said...

yuppie another sexy mouth watering cake....mujhe bi chahiye :-( ........ it just look so perfect.... ur the best

R! said...

Nachi.. it is so tempting n beautiful... i cn look at it n eat it and keep doing it till it disappears :P

btw... how abt making one for me - i only have 5 letters in my name :(

Nikhil said...

Nachi undoubtedly - for me, ur d leader of d race - i have been drolling over cakes since childhood - have tasted so many that its countless but all d cakes by u have been simply on d top. "Irresistible" is d word which goes for ur cakes, even now, when i am reading ur blog and taking a look at those pictures, i feel like having a bite of d monitor itself.
It was really sweet of u and was a wonderful surprise for both (anuraag sir and gunjan)
P.S. There smile says it all
I pray the count of special people in your life keeps increasing so that u keep baking more and more. :-p

Leo said...

Awesome cake! GO GLOBAL, it's high time.

sahil grover said...

Nachi d cake was really yummy n presentation was mind blowing.. thnx 4 such a lovely surprise.. nw parties without ur cakes remain incomplete

gfe--gluten free easily said...

I love the bright colors in your Eating Your Words entry! Well done! I bet your friends felt very special indeed. :-)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

Shirley