Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ragu and Olive Pasta Primavera for Parshad ~ Allll Izzzzzz Welllllll....

It's holiday time and I have the pleasure of making parshad for Durbar.... Mummy n I decided to make Pasta in Primavera Sauce.
Primavera sauce is wonderfully variable as is the name of this blog. Pasta primavera comes from the garden, and everyone's garden differs, there's an infinite number of variations on this sauce. You can use the vegetables that suit your personal taste or are in season at the time. Whatever you use, you will always end up with the wonderful tastes of primavera
The ingredients I used were.... Olive Oil, Bay Leaves, Garlic, Paprika, Rosemary, Thyme, Sage, fresh Basil Leaves.
Vegetables are a must... in went Broccoli, Capsicum, Olives, Mushrooms and Corn.... White Pepper, Salt and White Wine Vinegar added an awesome flavour.
Now for the crunch added some fried Peanuts, Cheese, Tomatoes[Ragu sauce] and Cream . This entire process was repeated 4 times over.
I cooked in a very large quantity.... made pasta for 275 people... :-) Had a bed full of ingredients along with a dining table full of boiled pasta....
That's me, the cookie...... it was so much fun while making the parshad..... had borrowed this huge gas n pan for cooking from Mrs Dhawan... a huge thank you to her... else would have taken me 16 rounds to do what got done in 4 rounds..... had nervous butterflies in my tummy but as we know... while making parshad... Allll Izzzzzz Welllllll..... and it really was.... :-)

That's Kishan n Bahadur.. the help at my place who helped with all the chopping, garnishing n packing....

Mummy did the lion's share of work.... went shopping n organised all the ingredients...... what a blast we had....
That's Babaji and me..... Thank you for making this possible....
That's Upma mom sharing her parshad with me...... n Miss Mini... my matching colour partner.... We're matching again... mummy are you listening......
That's Priya didi and Neha didi....
Hard work and belief works well...... :-)

No comments: