Monday, May 5, 2008

Fabulous Weekend

Hhmmmm… so finally I have nailed myself down to write…..

The deal with me is… if I talk about some experience twice, thrice…. The steam is let off… don’t feel like writing it anymore… just keep procrastinating it…..

Recent example is my Hyderabad trip for nani’s b’day… see again…. I let the cat out of the bag… without writing exactly what happened or sharing the experience…….

Before I loose the momentum for this weekend… let me pen it down……

Had a horrid unwell Friday… was off from work….

Imagine the agony of then getting back to work on SATURDAY…. [How much I hate coming to office of Saturday… ok that’s another topic for a blog post].

Bhaskar, one of my team members. Very nice guy….. [Ok that’s yet another topic for a blog post] He had the bright idea of ordering lunch on this bleak day….. The option zeroed in was “KFC”. YUCKY… don’t like it one bit…. So I ate paneer rolls from home n watched Bhaskar, Partha and Nikhil chewing away at something that was suppose to be chicken…. [just don’t like KFC, I can see paper balls flying at me from KFC enthusiasts….] Live thru the day somehow....

Evening 5:30pm, Partha asked me… so what are your plans for the weekend. I said none cause I wasn’t too well… wanted Sunday to be restful….

Left office at 6pm…. While getting to Indian oil red light (1 Km from office).. A thought struck me…

Why don’t I go to Kamla Nagar n check out the bangle shop which was highly recommended by Veena didi…. [She’s the one at mall road who got me started with this thing of bangles…] So now you are wondering… where did this bangle thing come from… [it’s another of those posts which has been sitting in my head] well.. recently, I’ve developed this affinity for glass bangles…. It’s completely gone to my head…

Kamla Nagar was quite a task…. By the time I would leave from office n get there, the market would close… n on a holiday, I would be lazy to go from South Delhi to North Delhi to look for this shop called “Fantasy Bangle Store”.
Also my mom is hopping mad as I have a cabinet full of new bangles now n hardly any place to store them in some sorted out fashion…. ;-)

At the spur of the moment, I turned right instead of left at the crossing n decided to try my luck and see what time I would reach Kamla Nagar n try my luck in getting to the shop….

Oh shit.. my hair is oily… wearing just about passable clothes… what if I meet some one in the market…. Ooopppssss.. [Too bad nachi…. Can’t go back to change] Whatever will be.. will be.

Reached Bunglow rd, parked n decided to walk and look for the place as I had some faint idea about where the shop would be…..

Walked down the street… Checking out the new stores… Some familiar ones… Made a mental note to have a milk shake at Keventer’s on my way back……

In the mean time, mom calls….

Where r u?

Kamla Nagar…

what r u doing there?

Shopping for bangles….

U have lost it…..

I really want them….

U better make place to store them…..

ok….

So what do u want for dinner [this dinner business can be yet another post… :-) love you mom ]….

Anything….

Get something from kamla Nagar….

I can’t remember the small gali’s where the good stuff was available and Fateh Chand’s Kachori’s are over by now…

ok, then come home soon.

Figured out where this shop was after asking many people on the way……

It looked like a very small 2 bit shop when I spotted it….. Is this what I walked 1.5 Km for…. Oh crap…. Ok now that I have walked this far….. Let me take a look…. When I walked in to it… Was pleasantly surprised….. Large shop with walls and counters lined with glass and some metal bangles….. WOW!!! That’s a delight……

Selected some 4 boxes, full of various bangles…..

Walked back… Looking around…… Drinking in the sights, sound and smells….. Lots of stuff coming back to me…. Hhhhmmmmmm….

Stopped at Keventer’s and got myself some cold coffee….

Started driving back… sipping coffee….. What should I take back for mom…

Hey! Will cross UPSC on my way back… let’s take chaat… called mom n checked…. She said get enough for everyone at home…. [The cutie that she is]

Stopped at UPSC chaat wala on shah Jahan rd n got chaat packed for the folks back home….. How can I not munch on something…. Bought aloo fry with lots of masala n nimbu…. Yummmmmmyyyyyy…..

Reached home … problem… Tummy is full n mom would have cooked something….. Luckily I escaped by having a bowl of soup n skipped dinner.

Sunday:

Completely lazy Sunday….. to my mom’s delight… did some ironing….

Read the Delhi Times… saw an ad by Nirula’s saying... Order 2 ice-cream sundaes n get a hot chocolate fudge free…..

I so totally had to go…. [yeah… yeah… Diet gone to the dogs…..oooo come on… after losing 14 Kgs….. give me a break]

Fixed up with Vivek chacha, Nivritti and Daksyani for going to Ansal Plaza….

Sujith and Shikha called in the evening saying let’s go for dinner…. Asked them to join in and then we’d all go out.

7pm Ansal Plaza, Amphitheatre: There was a nirula’s stall and a small stage set up where some kids were having a dancing competition….. Daks walked in and ran onto the stage wanting to dance…. We kept her entertained on the stairs till the actual contest got over.

We met Mahi there….. She is daks’s beeeeeeeeestest friend in mall road. Daks was so overjoyed… She was dancing on the stairs…. Got some semi melted ice-cream for the kids…. The smiles were so bright…. :-)

After the event got over, we requested the DJ to play some more songs for us….. Daks was up on the stage dancing…. She enjoyed herself so thoroughly… n we had fun watching her.




8: 30pm Daks went home as she has school on Monday. Sujith, Shikha n I went to Big Chill in East of Kailash. Had the most fabulous Piri Piri Fish, chicken salad along with Penne n Mushroom in creamy tomato sauce……

The best is yet to come……

Yes, we had the MUD PIE and BANOFEE PIE….. YUMMMYYY IN THE TUMMMYYYYYYY………

[Then we met Tini n Sonal from mall rd on our way out, they stay close by. Quite a social weekend compared to the quite one that i was looking for....]

3 comments:

Unknown said...

U rocked the day with food, friends and fun……….utopic, lady !!!!

God Bless.

Love-Payal.

Sharad said...

Anyone who reads this blog and doesn't know you would derive a singular thought - she is a hogger! Lives to eat!

Vikram Waman Karve said...

You brought back mouthwatering memories of our days in Delhi in the early 1980s.
I am happy to hear that the UPSC Chaat Wala is still going strong - that used to be the best chaat in Delhi then...I wonder now...